Monday, January 31, 2011

Naturally lovely

So I spent some time in Boston this weekend and it was great. Very cold but great. And it got me thinking about my love of nature and how I am so inspired by it.

For example, when I was in London for a week this fall, I was really inspired by the properness of it all, the intellectual attitude and the unabashed coolness. I wish I could be those things when I get dressed in the morning!

I'll be honest, the only reason I wanted to write this post is so I can share some pics from this weekend and my London trip. I think they are having a huge impact on the stuff I create. Whimsy, natural, and just pretty is what I am going for and am hoping to get cohesive ideas in the process.




England




Boston

I planning on doing more with natural headbands. Which are kind of represented here in these photos. Much like my Silver Whimsy Headband.



I haven't had time to work on any personal projects the last week, although I do have a list for when I finally get to go to the store for some supplies.

  • A piece of neutral scrapbook paper to mat photos
  • Thick knitting needles to start a cowl with some great yarn I've been saving
  • Look at the thrift store for some wool sweaters for felted mittens
  • Create pattern for LOVE banner over bed


Another snow storm headed my way..so perhaps I'll have time to finish some stuff after all!

No comments: