Tuesday, January 18, 2011

i heart winter



So its been a few days since I posted anything, but I have been busy enjoying a lovely white New England winter. I went cross country skiing for the first time this last weekend! I've never been on skis before so it was interesting. I fell down a few times, was sore, but loved being out in the snow. I also took a road trip to Vermont on Sunday with a friend. I had never been to Vermont and have now been to all the New England states. We visited the Ben and Jerry's factory, ate Cabot cheese samples and drank hot cider on the beautiful snowy ride home.

I have to say that I've grown to really love winter over the last few years. There is something fresh and inspiring about it. I think the cold air, bare trees, and the snow really makes you think clearly. I love working on projects in the winter because you basically have to be inside because of the cold, but it's so pretty to look out the window...it makes me want to create pretty things. Plus, I have this weird love of the color grey... which is basically the color scheme of winter!

I finished my project I mentioned earlier, the frame turned necklace holder. However, it didn't turn out as planned. The tacks wouldn't stay in the board, so I use it as a earring holder and it looks great.


Plus I've been updating my Etsy shop with new headbands. I have been thinking about a pretty color scheme of grey (of course), light blush pink, and soft gold for the winter/spring season.



The Sweet Peach Headband


Well thats all for now... I'm planning to enjoy this snowy day and get some projects done!

No comments: